We’re recruiting an Area Manager in the North East
We are looking for an experienced Area Manager to manage a defined area in order to achieve pre-determined sales and profit targets, and maintain Company standards of customer service.
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing daily operations to achieve business goals and maximise profitability. Your main duties will include leading and supporting sites to achieve sales targets, formulating the annual budget with the Head of Operations, ensuring all sites within the area are controlling stock levels effectively and taking positive action to improve any stock losses, undertaking site visits, and liaising with Site Managers on a regular basis.
If you’d like to apply for this role then email with your CV today – email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 27th December 2021
Reports to: Head of Operations
– Lead and support sites to achieve / exceed net profit targets.
– Formulate the annual budget with the Head of Operations.
– Manage the staff costs (wage budget) whilst maintaining customer service levels.
– Ensure the sites within the area achieve budgeted waste levels.
– Ensure that controllable costs are managed within budget.
– Lead and support sites to achieve / exceed sales targets.
– Ensure the area takes full advantage of Londis promotions and marketing activity.
– Formulate with the Head of Operations the annual sales budget for the area and communicate this to each site.
– Develop sales initiatives that will maximise growth in the area whilst remaining within Company policy, and encourage Site Managers to do likewise.
– Ensure that all sites meet Company standards of customer service.
– Ensure that all sites within the area are controlling stock levels effectively, and take positive action to improve stock losses.
– Ensure that all sites within the area are well presented and all point of sale material is displayed in accordance with instructions received.
COMPLIANCE WITH COMPANY POLICY AND PROCEDURE
– Ensure via the Site Managers that all staff are aware of and compliant with all Company policies and procedures.
– Ensure that all paperwork and administration relating to the area is carried out effectively and on time.
– With the support of the Site Managers, ensure that all sites within the area are compliant with Company security procedures.
– Identify and recruit suitably skilled individuals within the area.
– Carry out formal disciplinary action as required.
– Ensure through the Site Manager that all staff are trained and fully competent.
– Display enthusiasm and commitment by leadership and through adopting a professional approach.
DEVELOPMENT OF SITE MANAGERS
– Ensure all Site Managers’ training needs which have been identified are implemented.
– Ensure all Site Managers are fully competent and are managing the site effectively.
– Conduct on the job training and coaching with Site Managers in all aspects of their duties and develop them to achieve their potential.
– Conduct informal performance discussions and regular formal performance reviews with Site Manages in accordance with the Company Performance Review system.
– Undertake regular site visits.
– Liaise regularly with all Site Managers within the area regarding the day-to-day running of the site.
– Liaise regularly with the Head of Operations to communicate the performance of the sites and any operational problems.
– Communicate Company information, policy and procedure updates etc to all sites via the Site Manager.
Ensure that all sites within the area comply with Company standards of hygiene and the requirements of Due Diligence.
– Ensure all sites within the area fully comply with legal requirements in relation to the sale of alcohol and other age-restricted products and petroleum spirit.
– Ensure all statutory legislation relating to Environmental Health and Trading Standards is adhered to.
HEALTH & SAFETY
– Ensure that Health & Safety standards fully comply with both Company policy and statutory requirements.
– Complete a monthly H&S check around your given area and report any serious issues immediately to head office.
Please note that the list of duties included in this job description is not exhaustive, duties may alter in nature occasionally and from time to time you may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties.