Did you know that 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England alone? Penny Petroleum want to make mental health and wellbeing a priority, have open conversations and provide support and so today, on Mental Health Day, would like to share:
A) A Self-help guide to improving your mental health and wellbeing
- Be active, go for a walk, step outside, cycle, play a game, exercising makes you feel good.
- Keep learning – try something new, take on a different responsibility at work, set yourself a challenge you will enjoy achieving. Learning new things will make you more confident and it’s something fun to do!
- Join a new group volunteering, thank someone, do something nice for family, friends, or a stranger. This will be rewarding and will also create connections.
- Connect with the people around you, at home, at work or neighbours, build connections that will build support.
B) Information about what’s available on the GroceryAid wellbeing platform
- Offering online Health and Wellbeing Support.
- GroceryAid has partnered with Rightsteps, an online portal for all current and former colleagues, their spouses, partners, and dependents.
- You also have access to a wide range of health and wellbeing videos, guides, and self-guided support sessions. To access the wellbeing sessions, you can create an account here:
Good mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make healthy choices. Mental health is important, that’s why we support the World Mental Health Day today, the 10th of October, and we support good mental health each, and every, day too.